In today’s unpredictable climate, we may never know when we might need to tap on our savings for an unforeseen emergency, medical procedure or important scenario. Before we can tap on our savings though, we need to ensure that we have enough of it to begin with. While we can always earn more money, it is equally important that we be prudent in our spending and save the excess cash, even when it comes to important things like commodities. As such, here are some ways to save on commodities.
Check the local newspaper ads for warehouse clearance sales, so that you can get brand-new furniture very cheaply. Buy from flea markets as it can go as low as 300% below retail price. Instead of giving your wall a fresh coat of paint, try cleaning it instead. You should use concentrated cleaning agents, they last much longer compared to conventional agents.
Avoid buying branded goods, since remember that comfortable, fashionable and cheap clothes are always available. If you are absolutely sure that you need a new office wear or clothing with specific functions, such as a sweater that can last, be sure to do your research and get the price right. Make sure that it is reasonably expensive, since you are paying for quality here.
If you are a frequent traveller in your own country, consider owning a second-hand bicycle. It is much cheaper than riding a bus or train, and much cheaper than car maintenance and loans. Substitute machines with your legs. Walk to your destinations.
If you do own a car, here are some tips to follow to get the most from your gasoline:
- Ensure that your tires are sufficiently inflated, under inflated tires can underperform and waste more gas to travel a distance.
- Ensure that the correct gears are engaged, and avoid excess acceleration and hard braking. It will cost more money to maintain the brake linings.
- Keep the hull of your car clean. It will increase the aerodynamics of your car and give you more miles for your gas.
- Reduce the baggage in your car. Extra weights will slow your car and need more gas to travel.
- Start or join a carpool. The price of maintenance shared among a few others will significantly reduce your financial load.
Gifts for Special Occasions
Wherever possible, try to only buy gifts for special occasions like celebrations, anniversaries, birthdays and more. Even then, you should endeavour to get affordable gifts, which do not cause you to break the bank. When you have spotted suitable affordable gifts, choose the ones that have better value for the same amount of money. For example, it is better to get funny coffee mugs than an expensive box of chocolates or dinner for your loved ones. The mug can make them laugh constantly and remember you, each time they drink from it. However, once a chocolate or dinner gift is consumed, it will not leave much of a long lasting memory. Incidentally, if you are looking for funny gifts for your loved ones, then check out 786.Gifts.